A recent survey has revealed the most important factors in search engine rankings for local searches. Assuming Google doesn’t produce an algorithm update anytime soon, these are and will continue to be the ten most important factors in local search rankings.
- Your Location in the Landing Page Title: Putting your city and state in the title tag of your homepage is key.
- Domain Authority of your Site: Your domain authority is based on several factors, such as link counts and linking root domains.
- Page Authority for Unique URL: Page authority is based on how well a certain page ranks in search engines.
- Quality and Authority of Links to Domains: These are links which generally come from established and respected websites.
- Reviews: To rank higher than your competition reviews on Google or Yelp will help. More reviews you have the better.
- Physical Location: If your business has a physical location, be sure to list it! Google prefers physical businesses.
- Quality of Citations: Be consistent when addressing names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Product in URL: Creating specific pages for products or services is better than keywords.
- Search CTR: Good title tags and meta descriptions are important for high CTR.
- Location of H1 & H2 Tags: Placing these tags throughout the page, with important information, is always a good idea.
- Mobile Friendly Website: The fact is that 50% of the search queries are made on mobile devices. Google says, it is important to bring the highest quality results to people searching on mobile devices. If your website is not mobile friendly in 2015, you might be losing traffic.
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”NEED HELP TO DRIVE MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE?” title=”CONTACT ME” target=”_self” color=”btn-warning” icon=”wpb_arrow” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”/contact”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]